Tiger paste depositing
Tiger bread is popular
More and more consumers are appreciating a tasty crust on their bun or bread. Some call it tiger paste, others call it tiger wash, Dutch crust or even Giraffe bread. Nevertheless, it all comes down to a rice flour paste that is applied on a bun or on bread.
Exciting new products
For sure tiger wash is one of the products that welcomes a growing world wide popularity. More and more producers discover the possibilities for creating exciting new products using this material. Besides tiger bread, disruptive new product combinations like tiger paste with croissants, paninis, or pretzels are being introduced to the markets.
Apply ready-to-use tiger paste or mix it yourself?
There are basically two types of tiger wash. Both come in a wide range of different flavors.
- Ready to use tiger paste which comes in buckets that are poured into the buffer tank. There is no further processing required. The FoodJet tiger paste depositor can pump it straight out of the tank onto the products.
- Tiger paste mix comes in a powder form. It has to be mixed with water into a material that is lump-free before it can be processed by the depositor.
The mix in powder form usually is cheaper. It does requires equipment, however, to get it ready for production. The ready mix on the other hands, can be used straight away. This comes at a price.
Are you looking for producers of tiger paste?
These are some of the leading producers of tiger paste mix or ready to apply tiger paste:
Traditional tiger paste application
Unfortunately, it is not so easy to deposit tiger paste with common depositing technologies. Applying the paste manually considerably limits the production speed. And using rollers does not match with modern production requirements of accuracy and positioning. FoodJet's tiger paste depositors help you create the perfect tiger bread.
Perfect tiger bread
FoodJet uses an array of small nozzles to apply the tiger paste. Depending on the size of the product and the required pattern, nozzles are activated or not. So even if you have an odd shaped product like a croissant, you can still deposit the perfect layer of paste to the product.
How to apply tiger paste industrially?
- Prepare the tiger paste mix together with warm water in a holding tank or use a ready-to-use paste
- Pump the material with a constant pressure and flow to the tiger paste depositor
- Load the recipe for the specific product size and material weight from the software
- The depositor detects and identifies the individual products with a camera system
- Each product receives the exact amount of material in the pre-defined position and in the desired layer thickness
Typical system configuration
We always look for the right product - system combination that matches your production requirements.
A tiger wash application could comprise the following:
Mobile Depositor Small
Free Form Pattern Generator
You want to increase accuracy, improve line speed and
add an unique touch to your product? Let us help you!